iNNOVATION – Disruptive Innovation to be specific draws upon 3 tenets according to HBR
It’s all about
- changing the way you deliver value
- with supporting processes &
- executed with agility
While external factors like COVID do disrupt and force such innovations it ceases to be a differentiator in the long run as everyone jumps on the bandwagon to meet this change.
Innovate the way you do business
ERP solutions by their very nature encourage you to rethink established practices. In one such conversation with an equipment distribution company, we collectively decided on a customer portal for service request management where the installed base of the equipment is visible to the customer to facilitate an online order management system for spare parts by the customer.
Services and spare parts being the most profitable we believe this could be a game-changer.
So technology-led innovation can facilitate such changes and bring in disruptive models for doing business in a cash tight competitive landscape
It can automate these processes and bring in agility to delivering value to your customers and challenge established incumbents who may be dominating the markets.
With TRIM Triad aims to empower FMCG distributors in the Middle East Markets to pursue “disruptive innovation” and to pursue their growth with agility and profitability.
A core advantage of concurrent user licenses from Sage X3 ERP lies in the fact that user access need not be shared. Users who access the system only once in a while – like the management team – can have a unique user id and password without increasing the burden associated with the purchase of new licenses. Customers using solutions that support named user licensing models from dynamics365 or sap product often resort to sharing passwords and creating common role-based IDs to get around the problem. With Sage X3 we can maintain full traceability and auditability with unique access provided to every user without increasing the licensing burden.
Marry internal processes with real-world data
With TRIM we are declaring business scenarios and related roles and responsibilities. Grab data at the source and grab it once – is a common principle for agile organizations.
- Mobility is no longer a choice but a mandate. Service engineers servicing customer locations, sales teams creating quotes and orders, vehicles delivering and collecting goods, documents and payments – they are all examples of enabling the collection of data at the source
- Straight thru processes for routine transactions. Escalations and approvals when things don’t go as per plan. Connecting the data points and making it available anytime anywhere to key decision-makers
- Transshipments require bulk serial numbers to be uploaded for receipt or delivery transactions
- Scrubbing and moving data from Sage to a HO system with EDI and RPA
ERP solutions are much more than accounting engines. They help connect processes. Accounting entries are a byproduct of these business transactions and once the principles of such entries are set up correctly they can happen in the background providing data for a mindful evaluation of the health of the business.
With TRIM we map the boundaries and declare how data in the real world moves into the ERP.
Support Local requirements
Best Practice cannot exist in isolation to the local environment in which the distributor is operating. As we have done many implementations for distribution companies in the region we have identified what needs to be done to support these requirements. Some examples are given below
- A Free Zone entity needs track and trace by Bill of Entry and HS codes.
- Tracking RoHS certification in the inventory master is important for certain distributors. For certain others ICV certification on account of these requirements from certain customers
- FTA specific audit reports and tax submissions.
Our domain led TRIM prototype is visualized to support these considerations.
TRIM helps a customer innovate the way he runs his business. Disruptive innovation requires technology as support. TRIM provides a time-efficient cost-effective model for driving this innovation.
Proudly presenting – the I factor in TRIM!